Apply for this job now by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Application Engineer, San Diego, USA
The Application Engineer is a natural troubleshooter who is super flexible and thrives in a rapid changing environment. This will be someone who enjoys ensuring customer success in the adoption of the Altium technology. This person enjoys being involved in multiple areas, can wear multiple hats and jump in where needed to help the entire team and the company.
In this critical role, you will be the first contact for our customers who have technical questions or issues with our product. We value our customers and wish to provide them with highest quality of technical support. As such, we hire individuals that strive for more in everything they do. We are looking for highly motivated candidates experienced in and committed to the field of customer success and Technical Support.
We are looking for candidates with customer support experience; extensive customer contact is required, so you must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Application Engineer is also responsible for conducting training for existing customers, writing knowledge based articles and application notes for Altium products, and performing product testing during beta stages.
This person will have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment along with passion and enthusiasm about the Altium products.
This is an exciting opportunity for those who want to be on the front lines of a highly technical industry.
● Supporting our entire customer base through a variety of mediums, with a focus on FAQ, Knowledge Base Articles, and Community Forum participation.
● Provide proactive and reactive assistance to all customers, either external or internal.
● Provide overall escalation management and technical solutions when issues are reported to them, including but not limited to, review of open issues on a daily basis, updating our customers on the status of their escalated cases, and assisting in the reproduction of issues.
● Troubleshooting and qualification of cases prior to escalation into Tier-II support.
● Establishing effective lines of communication with our Tier II team and management to ensure cases are flagged that require immediate attention.
● Log all issues, updating activities to cases, and escalate cases.
● Record and document all issues related to customers both internal and external.
● Produce articles for submission into the current knowledge base.
● Creation of various types of topic based content, such as online help, online user guides, video tutorials, knowledge base articles, quick start guides and more.
● Maintain a high level of knowledge and professionalism.
● Ability to distill complex technical information into actionable knowledge that users can understand and apply.
● Continually develop and maintain product knowledge.
You will also be responsible for conducting training for existing customers, providing post-sales support as needed to maintain customer satisfaction in existing customer accounts, writing knowledge based articles and application notes for Altium products, and performing product testing during beta stages. You will articulate the value of Altium’s software solutions in a wide range of scenarios, taking advantage of your engineering and communication skills.
● Understanding of EDA Electronic Design Software, ie: Altium Designer, Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Zuken.
● Understanding of Schematic Capture and Printed Circuit Board layout software.
● Preferred, a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
● Electrical Engineering fundamentals, ability to read schematics and identify electronic components such as discrete devices and integrated circuits, for example: Resistors, BJT’s, DSP’s, ASIC’s, FPGA’s etc.
● Sales Engineering and/or Support Engineering.
● Circuit simulation and/or Signal Integrity.
● Understanding of ECAD/ MCAD market segments.
● Understanding of Micro Controllers, SoC (System on Chip) architecture and Embedded Systems market.
● Database experience Preferred (ie: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft Access, SQL)
● Server, FileMaker, Oracle, Sybase, dBASE, Clipper, FoxPro) etc.
● Experience with PLM/PDM/MRP/ERP software (Program Lifecycle Management) preferred.
● Experience with technical writing preferred.
● Salesforce experience a plus.