Apply for this job now by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Associate Applications Engineer, San Diego CA/ Boston MA, USA
Altium is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, Associate Applications Engineer with a focus on PCB Design. Responsible for providing technical assistance to Customers.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Troubleshoot and resolve Installation, Licensing and Account issues reported by customers
• Fielding Inbound calls as required to help customers.
• Creating and escalating support tickets when required.
• Dispatching calls to Application Engineers as required.
• Regularly reading technical documentation and exploring all Altium software to expand personal knowledge base.
• Working on and resolving more difficult issues typically left for Application Engineers in a reasonable timeframe as required.
• Becoming familiar with technical documentation and marketing collaterals, and knowing where to direct a customer when they have a technical question.
• Associate degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer or Mechatronics Engineering preferred
• Background in Technical Support or Customer Service required
• Ability to Troubleshoot complex issues
• Ability to read and follow guides used to repair common installation, licensing and account issues
• Good Verbal and Written communication skills.
• Able to process larger call volumes when necessary to prevent call abandonment, or hold times
• Consistent and reliable productivity
• Knowledge of Electronics Industry strongly desired
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Schematic and PCB Design space in lieu of the preferred Engineering degree
This job will require occasional travel. When not travelling, time will be spent in the office fielding escalations from the technical team, and proactively assisting with the AE team case work.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.