Apply for this job now by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Sales Operations Manager, Boston MA, USA
The Sales Operations Manager directly performs functions essential to sales productivity. These include sales process optimization, sales training, and sales program implementation.
The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. Reporting to the Director of Sales Operations, the Sales Operations Manager also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are supported within the sales organization.
Accountable to support the achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management and implementation of solutions and initiatives impacting the sales organization.
Partner for Business Intelligence:
• Partner with VP Sales and Regional Sales Management to provide business intelligence in order to contribute towards the development of regional sales strategy
• Provide a variety of analyses for the sales department, including sales actual vs. quota, current AD licenses, upgradable licenses, new logo customers & license counts, renewals rates, etc. Identifies opportunities to automate and standardize these reports within the CRM so they are readily available to the sales force.
• Work closely with sales managers to create forecasts, analyzing pipeline, trends and using business intelligence to ensure forecasts are accurate and founded
• Develop and improve sales coverage and organization strategy, have objective insight into sales productivity, and recommend strategic improvement for the sales organization
• Leverage sales and the sales operations team to provide tangible improvement in an environment that supports sales (processes, reporting, internal systems training, etc).
• Review all sales related Dashboards and determines which need to be deleted, updated, created. Continually research and investigate the sales process and updates dashboards with relevant information as required.
• Provide ad-hoc reports, analysis, information, evaluation as required by the Sales Management Team
• Act as an active member of the Americas management team
• Fosters close relationships with sales management, and sales and support personnel.
• Proactively monitors the quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization. Identify improvement opportunities working with Sales Operations and sales management.
• Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Devise and propose appropriate process revisions to improve sales efficiency.
• Ensure the effective roll-out of new processes and tools. Coordinates training delivery to sales and sales support personnel.
• Effective management of a small team focused on operational efficiency and team development with a focus on continuous process improvement
Global Sales Operations:
• Work with the Global Sales Operations team to develop workflows and processes that help optimize sales data for analysis. Includes but not limited to user rights/visibility into Salesforce, SF Object changes, Data integrity.
• Establish systems and process to ensure that product improvements, launches, and roll outs are effectively and efficiently communicated to the sales team in a timely manner. As well as ensuring that the product changes, additions, and deletions are implemented into Salesforce, Intacct, and Price list.
• Assist in maintaining CRM data integrity, including performing mass updates of account owners, opportunity owners, etc.
• Regularly review department processes and procedures to ensure maximum effectiveness and ability to meet the needs of the organization as it grows
• Work as member of the global Sales Operations team, sharing information, ideas, and contributing towards ad-hoc projects and assignments as requested
• Mentor and develop the Americas Sales Operations team in order to deliver the highest individual and team performance
• Promote a positive and open working relationship between the Sales Operations and other teams and functions to create a “one Team” culture
• Create and sustain ongoing communication that encourage two-way communication opportunities; demonstrate and promote positive work relationships; proactively address and manage conflict and disputes; work to achieve constructive resolution. Proactively manage poor performance
• Encourage and promote global communications and collaborative working between teams
• Be proactive in the utilization of resources to positively impact on the service provided to internal customers
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Sales Operations role.
• Four-year college degree from an accredited institution.
• Required expertise with Salesforce.com and sales analytics solutions such as Einstein Analytics, Tableau, or similar.
• Desired expertise with Marketo, ToutApp, Salesforce integrations, Salesforce Administration Certification.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.