System - Design Insight
Modified by Susan Riege on Apr 11, 2017
Parent page: System Preferences
The System - Design Insight page of the Preferences dialog
The System – Design Insight page of the Preferences dialog allows the user to control various aspects of design viewing, such as previews of documents, supply chain information, and hyperlinks.
This page is accessed by clicking Design Insight under the System folder in the main Preferences dialog (DXP » Preferences).
- Design Insight
- Enable Document Insight - check this option to display a preview of a document when you hover over the document icon in the Projects panel or document bar.
- Enable Project Insight - check this option to display a table of document previews when you hover over the project icon in the Projects panel. Schematic, PCB and OpenBus documents are displayed.
You can navigate to the document by clicking on it in the preview.
- Enable Connectivity Insight - check this option to display the connectivity of net objects when you hover over a net object. Enabling this insight option will show previews of the child sheets for sheet symbols,
net connectivity across the entire project for electrical objects, and sub-parts for components. The selected net is highlighted in the preview with all other objects masked. The previews will be displayed with respect to the project hierarchy.
Use Alt+Double Click on any net object to show Connectivity Insight on demand. Compile the project to establish the connectivity information before using this feature.
- Enable Supply Chain Insight - check this option to display a preview of supply chain information when you hover over components that contain manufactured part choices. You can preview the pricing and availability, or add and
remove manufactured part choices.
- Enable Hyperlink Insight - check this option to display a link over hyperlink objects, and annotations and parameters that have a URL or website as their text string.
- Mouse Hover Delay - use the slider to control the delay for the Connectivity Insight information to appear, starting with 0s (seconds) on the left to a maximum of 4s on the right.
- Connectivity Insight Options - use this table to further customize Connectivity Insight.
- Insight Content to Show - a list of content areas within Connectivity Insight:
- Document Tree
- Document Preview
- Object Hints
- Launch Style - check any of the following options desired for launching Connectivity Insight information:
- Mouse Hover - check the box for each content area you want Connectivity Insight information to launch with mouse hovering.
- Alt+Double Click - check the box for each content area you want Connectivity Insight information to launch by using Alt+Double Click.
If you'd like to comment on the content on this page, use the Ctrl+Enter
keyboard shortcut to send us your feedback. To include a section of the page in your comment (a typo, missing/wrong info, or incorrect imagery), highlight the text (max. 200 chars) and/or image first. Please restrict your feedback to documentation issues - for technical assistance refer to the Altium Forums