System - General
Modified by Phil Loughhead on Apr 11, 2017
Parent page: System Preferences
The System - General page of the Preferences dialog
The System – General page of the Preferences dialog provides controls relating to the general settings of the workspace.
This page is accessed by clicking General under the System folder in the main Preferences dialog (DXP » Preferences).
- Reopen Last Workspace - enable this option to open the last saved workspace when the application is started. Disable this option to start a new workspace session when the software is started up.
- Open Home Page if no documents open - enable this option to display the Home Page where you can open a project, obtain help, retrieve system information, configure the version control system, etc. Disable this option to not display the Home Page.
- Show startup screen - enable this option if you want to see the startup screen when the software is being loaded into computer memory. This will provide visual confirmation that the software is loading. The startup process can take a while depending on whether previous workspaces with projects are being opened or not. Disable this option to not see the startup screen.
- Monitor clipboard content within this application only - enable this option to monitor the clipboard when copying and pasting data within the software. With this option enabled, non-compliant data that is copied to the clipboard will not be pasted within the software. Disable this option to not monitor the clipboard data.
- Enable debug memory manager - check to enable the debug memory manager.
- Reload Documents Modified Outside of Altium Designer
- Never - select this option to never reload documents that have been modified outside of the software.
- Ask User - select this option to ask the user for permission before reloading documents that have been modified outside of the software. Choosing this option will activate Only If Document Is Modified.
- Only If Document Is Modified - enable this option to reload only modified documents. This checkbox is only accessible if Ask User is selected.
- Always - select this option to always reload documents that have been modified outside of the software.
- Use localized resources - localized resources are the installed local languages used for the software. The software platform supports simplified and traditional Chinese, Japanese, German, French, Korean, and Russian language installations. Click this option to enable localized resources for the software. Items will be translated according to the language that is installed on the machine on which the software is installed. A restart of the software is necessary if this option is selected.
- The following options are available only if Use localized resources option is checked:
- Display localized dialogs - choose this option to translate dialogs only.
- Display localized hints only - choose this option to translate hints only.
- Localized menus - enable this option to translate menus.
If you'd like to comment on the content on this page, use the Ctrl+Enter
keyboard shortcut to send us your feedback. To include a section of the page in your comment (a typo, missing/wrong info, or incorrect imagery), highlight the text (max. 200 chars) and/or image first. Please restrict your feedback to documentation issues - for technical assistance refer to the Altium Forums