System - Network Activity
Modified by Susan Riege on Apr 11, 2017
Parent page: System Preferences
The System - Network Activity page of the Preferences dialog
The System - Network Activity page of the Preferences dialog allows the user full control over network connectivity. Altium Designer uses the Internet and third party servers to connect to Altium Cloud, Altium Vault, suppliers,
to search for updates, etc., and it may be desired or necessary to work offline in some situations or environments. You can disable specific network activity or disable all network activity.
The dialog is accessed by clicking Network Activity under the System folder in the main Preferences dialog (DXP » Preferences).
Allowed Network Activities
Click to check/uncheck each activity from which you wish to connect/disconnect:
- Altium Portal - check this box to connect to the Altium Portal. When you uncheck this box, Altium Cloud and Global Update Service will automatically also uncheck.
- Altium Cloud - check this box to have access to Altium Cloud. Unchecking this option can be particularly useful when working in classified or public WiFi environments.
- Altium Vault - check this box if access to the Altium Vault is required. When you uncheck this box, Global Update Service will automatically also uncheck.
- Built-In Browser - check this box if access to online Help/Search functions is required.
- License Server - check this box to allow all License Server related traffic.
- Suppliers - check this box if you desire access to suppliers' servers.
- NanoBoard Firmware - check this box if you want to receive updates to the NanoBoard 3000 Firmware that is pre-installed with Altium Designer.
- Global Update Service - check this box to allow automatic checking, downloading and installation of updates from the global server.
- Sending Crash Reports - check this box if you want to have crash reports sent to Altium.
- Publishing - check this box to access the Publishing Destinations (for output jobs) that you specified in Preferences » Data Management » Publishing Destinations.
- Product Improvement - check this box if you wish to connect to Altium servers for participation in the Product Improvement Program.
If you'd like to comment on the content on this page, use the Ctrl+Enter
keyboard shortcut to send us your feedback. To include a section of the page in your comment (a typo, missing/wrong info, or incorrect imagery), highlight the text (max. 200 chars) and/or image first. Please restrict your feedback to documentation issues - for technical assistance refer to the Altium Forums