The Add Supplier Links dialog allows you to add more supplier links for comparison in the Supplier Links dialog.
The Add Supplier Links dialog allows designer to search for components and add supplier information to specified component.
From the Schematic Editor:
From the Component Library Editor:
- Choosing the Edit » Operations » Add from Supplier Search command from the main menus.
- Using the Shift+Ctrl+M keyboard shortcut.
- Right-clicking in the definitions region and choosing the Operations » Add from Supplier Search command from the context menu.
Buttons and Drop Menus
- Keywords - Enter search terms in the textbox. Click the button to set up any desired search filters. Available filter options include the ability to restrict the number of results per supplier, show in stock items only, show lead free items only, and show RoHS compliant results only.
- Search - Click to begin the search for your entered terms.
- Supplier Preferences - Opens the Data Management - Suppliers page of the Preferences dialog which provides controls to configure the available suppliers. For more information, visit the
- Currency - Select which currency you use from the drop down menu. For example, USD, or EUR. Your selection is reflected in the Unit Price column of the upper pane and under Pricing in the lower pane.
- Order Quantity - Specify how many units you need. You can use the arrows to increase or decrease the quantity, or simply type directly in the text box. Order pricing may change depending on supplier. Many suppliers offer discounts
for bulk orders. For example, an item might discount at 10 items with further discounts for 25, 50, and 100 items. Pricing and bulk discounts, when applicable, vary between suppliers.
- Previous Page - Click the button to view the previous page of
- Next Page - Click the button to view the previous page of search
The Upper Pane
Search results appear in the upper pane. By default, the upper pane displays the following columns: Manufacturer (displays the name of the manufacturer), Manufacturer Part Number (displays the part number given by the
manufacturer), Supplier (displays the name of the supplier), Supplier Part Number (displays the part number given by the supplier), Description (displays a brief description of the item), and Unit Price (displays the cost of the item. This may change depending on the entered Order Quantity). You can adjust how the information in the upper pane is presented, including the ability rearrange, add, and remove columns.
- Drag and Drop - Drag and drop column headers to reorder them as your preference or project needs dictate.
- Right-Click Menu - Right-click on any of the column headers to open a drop down menu of additional column options which will allow you to view different information depending on what dictates your item needs. Click on a category to
add or remove it from the supplier information columns. Categories that are selected will display a in the right-click menu and will be displayed in the upper pane.
- Organize by - Click on a column header to organize supplier links by that category. For example, to organize suppliers by cost, click on the Unit Price column header.
- View Only Upper Pane - To view only your added supplier links, click the , to the right and below the Order Quantity field. To return to the split-pane view, click the in the bottom right corner.
The Lower Pane
The lower pane displays information about the currently selected supplier link from your search results. You can view product information about price, materials, packaging, and more. When provided by the supplier, you can also view documentation such
as attached specification drawings.
- View Only Lower Pane - To view only the currently selected supplier link information, click the , at the top right corner of the lower pane. To return to the split-pane view, click the in the top right corner.
- OK - Click to add the selected supplier item to the Supplier Links dialog and close out of the Add Supplier Links dialog. Select and add multiple items by using the Ctrl+Click shortcut.
- Cancel - Click to return to the Supplier Links dialog without adding any supplier items.