Data Management - File Locking
Modified by Susan Riege on Apr 11, 2017
Parent page: Data Management Preferences
The Data Management - File Locking page of the Preferences dialog
The Data Management – File Locking page of the Preferences dialog allows the user to set up controls related to file locking.
This page is accessed by clicking File Locking under the Data Management folder in the main Preferences dialog (DXP » Preferences).
- Enable File Locking - check this option to enable file locking. When enabled, the current Altium Designer instance will try to acquire ownership of the open files. Other Altium Designer instances will not be able
to save their changes in the files that the current Altium Designer instance owns.
- Enable File Locking in Project Output Directory - check this option to enable file locking in the Project Output Directory.
- Warning Level - you will receive a warning when opening or saving files that are owned by another instance of Altium Designer. Use the following options to select the type of warning message you want to receive in each case. Select
Warning in Dialog box to receive a warning dialog; select Warning in Message Panel to receive the warning message in the Messages panel.
- Warning level for locked files during Open - use the drop down menu to set the type of warning message you want to receive upon opening a locked file.
- Warning level for locked files during Save - use the drop down menu to set the type of warning message you want to receive upon saving a locked file.
If you'd like to comment on the content on this page, use the Ctrl+Enter
keyboard shortcut to send us your feedback. To include a section of the page in your comment (a typo, missing/wrong info, or incorrect imagery), highlight the text (max. 200 chars) and/or image first. Please restrict your feedback to documentation issues - for technical assistance refer to the Altium Forums