Text Editors - Colors
Modified by Susan Riege on Apr 11, 2017
Parent page: TextEdit Preferences
The Text Editors - Colors page of the Preferences dialog
The Text Editors - Colors page of the Preferences dialog provides controls and information related to text colors.
This page is accessed by clicking Colors under the Text Editors folder in the main Preferences dialog (DXP » Preferences).
- Color SpeedSetting - use the drop-down list to select the desired color setting. Choices include:
- Visual Studio
- Element - this is a list of all elements that exist in the text. Each element has a default setting that is available in the lower region of the dialog.
- Foreground Color
- Use default color - check this box to use the default foreground color. Use the drop-down list to select a system defined foreground color for the selected element.
- Background Color
- Use default color - check this box to use the default background color. Use the drop-down list to select a system defined background color for the selected element.
- Text attributes - check desired boxes to define attributes for the text. Choices include:
- Load Colors - click to open the Load Color Scheme dialog in which you can load color settings (*.clr files) from external sources.
- Save Colors - click to open the Save Color Scheme As dialog in which you can save the color settings as a *.clr file.
- Configure Language - click to open the Language Setup dialog from where you can manage a list of languages that can be associated to documents opened in the Text Editor.
- Edit Current Language Syntax - click to open the Syntax Editor dialog from which you can edit the syntax of the current language.
If you'd like to comment on the content on this page, use the Ctrl+Enter
keyboard shortcut to send us your feedback. To include a section of the page in your comment (a typo, missing/wrong info, or incorrect imagery), highlight the text (max. 200 chars) and/or image first. Please restrict your feedback to documentation issues - for technical assistance refer to the Altium Forums