Applications Engineer, TASKING - Detroit, MI, USA
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Applications Engineer to drive TASKING Embedded Tools Solutions through implementation and deployment involving stakeholders from sales, engineering, marketing, and support, as well as external partners to help Altium expand into new customers and making those customers successful. Provide an example of technical leadership, and assist in the continuing development of other Deployment Engineer team members through live assistance, mentoring and shadowing.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Ensure companies have plans and required support that will allow successful implementation and deployment of TASKING Embedded Development solutions.
2. Scope, plan and implement solutions while ensuring customers clearly understand and derive the value which can be generated by Altium products in their organization.
3. Define deployment methodologies, technical specifications and develop standard repeatable practices with attention to productization and configuration rather than customization.
4. Play an active role in the transition from solutions deployment to technical post-sales support.
5. Oversee the progress of deployment and product development teams to ensure consistency with initial solution design and solving customer challenges.
6. Operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
7. Take ownership and support a prioritized customer base and accounts defined by management
8. Support customer during the complete deployment cycle through a variety of mediums, with a focus on the FAQ, Knowledge Base Articles, Online Help, and Community Forum participation.
9. Log all issues, updating activities to tickets, and escalated tickets.
10. Creation of various types of topic-based content, such as online help, online user guides, video tutorials, knowledge base articles, quick start guides and more
11. Quickly grasp client technical and business challenges while establishing personal and company credibility.
12. Ability to Mentor and Assist Junior team members.
13. Proactively identify and assist on potentially difficult deployment engagements.
14. Creation of various types of topic-based content, such as online help, online user guides, video tutorials, knowledge base articles, quick start guides and more.
15. Early access to pre-release products and features for validation and preparing for Deployment Engagements
1. Technical certification or degree is needed.
2. BS/MS degree in Electrical or Electronics or Computer or Mechatronics Engineering.
3. 2+ years previous experience as an Altium Applications Engineer preferred.
5. 5+ years previous experience as an Altium Applications Engineer preferred.
6. 5 - 10 years minimum Embedded Software Development in leading technical solution driven sales and with 2 - 4 years of development or design experience including experience in hard and software co-design, low-level programming, C/C++ language standards .
7. Experience with Altium products is a plus.
8. Ability to match the business needs and drivers with the correct technical solution.
9. A solid understanding of embedded development software, verification, and automation.
10. Ability to perform all Applications Engineering and Technical Support function as needed.
11. Strong Computer/Software troubleshooting skills are required.
12. Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills *
13. Ability to positively interact with all key customer stakeholders including executive management, engineering, supply chain, library management, and compliance.
14. Be driven, self-managed, and motivated.
15. Willingness and ability to travel as required with short or no notice.
16. Experience in technical demonstrations and presenting training materials.
17. Fluency in multiple languages is a plus.
18. Results-oriented, proactive, confident under pressure and demonstrated success in solution deployment.
Working conditions This job will require occasional travel.
*Note: regional restrictions and needs must be taken into account. In particular, excellent verbal and written local language skills will be required.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.Privacy Notice for Job Applicants