Apply for this job now by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Key Account Manager- TASKING, China
1. Managing Customer Portfolio 75%
a. Create account plans for to be defined customers in the portfolio to drive business and contribute towards divisional revenue targets.
b. Gain deep understanding of the customer's strategic requirements and use personal technical knowledge to translate requirements (customer pain points) into a viable value propositions for portfolio accounts.
c. Be the first point of contact for the customer, taking ownership for all sales, support, and service inquires for the given portfolio. Leverage internal resources to service customer accounts, escalating issues as necessary to the appropriate parties.
d. Identify areas for account growth in existing accounts through cross-selling and product development through to account exploration, industry market trend study, supporting product analysis, and individual customer needs.
e. Schedule regular phone or on-site meetings with customers to discuss any customer-specific issues, reviewing product performance/value and positioning and promoting new solutions and opportunities for add on sales. Identify areas for service engagements to generate additional revenue and increase value for customers.
f. Proactively identify opportunities for new business acquisition and create account plans and strategies for this. Ensure an appropriate balance of account acquisition (hunting) and account management (farming) is achieved.
g. Respond quickly and effectively to RFP’s and to deliver technical and business presentations to all levels of decision makers. Ensure value proposition meets the customer’s requirements and can be delivered within the proposed scope. Ensure extensive coordination with TASKING management to ensure cost proposals, cost models, rate structures and profit margins are correct.
h. Take responsibility for account and industry analysis, complex problem resolution and communication between clients, sales and TASKING management. Design, develop, and deliver reports to senior leaders and clients as requested.
i. Establish a sales portfolio plan in order to maximize incoming revenue and profits and ensure the realization of both quarterly and annual quota objectives.
2. Portfolio Administration 15%
a. Ensure the company client database is properly maintained by ensuring accurate capture of customer information and tracking of sales activity including leads, activity relating to new business, add-on, maintenance, correct $ amount of each opportunity, information from calls, etc.
b. Track the sales process of each account through sales pipeline for assigned accounts/opportunities.
c. Accurately forecast sales opportunities in the client database and leverage support from the local sales support team as required.
3. Team Support, Collaboration and Other Tasks 10%
a. Represent Altium at tradeshows, partner conferences, customer user group meetings, technical presentations, training sessions, and other events.
b. Give and receive feedback to and from the customer, management, technical consultants, and sales colleagues in a continuous effort to meet the customer’s business needs.
c. Inform and instruct peers on learned solutions, account strategies, and sales closing techniques to assist in the delivery of appropriate sales solutions and aid in-account revenue growth and profitability.
d. Respond to management requests for product or sales related projects either as a participant or project lead.
e. Develop a strong working relationship, teamwork and respect with other Altium employees, teams, and management.
1. Bachelor’s degree required
2. Above 6-8 years working experience, preferably with background of MCU or SCM. Be familiar with automotive industry account, has direct connection to the providers of modules solutions.
3. Professional in and has experience of direct sales.
4. Has experience in long standing relationships with key automotive executives and channel, has ability to build pipeline and commit target.
5. Understanding of Embedded Technologies and broader Electronic (HW&SW) Development Process
6. Sound English writing and reading ability, CET-6 is a must.
7. Intermediate PC skills
8. Working knowledge of customer relationship management databases
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills involving various types of audiences
10. Confident, professional and engaging personal presence.
11. Commitment to personal and company sales success
12. Strong time/project management and planning skills.
13. Fast-learner, able to work with minimal supervision
14. Ability to understand & communicate technical concepts
15. Perseverance and patience under adverse or stressful conditions
16. Proactive approach to developing customer relationships
17. Initiative, teamwork, and problem solving skills
18. Frequent business travel required
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.