Apply for this job now by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Office Assistant/Kitchen Porter, La Jolla, CA, USA
1. We are seeking a Office Assistant/Kitchen Porter to join our team. Under the general direction of the Director of IT & Infrastructure, the incumbent will serve as the shared receptionist, and provide office operations support.
2. Duties and responsibilities
3. Maintain coverage at the reception desk part-time.
4. Setup and close office facilities including reception and kitchen areas.
5. Serve as shared receptionist; greet visitors/vendors and answer, screen and direct all inbound phone calls to the appropriate person/department during normal business hours.
6. Control access to the office via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges.)
7. Ordering, setting up and breaking down catered meals, and preparing creative daily afternoon hors d’oeuvres.
8. Providing high quality in-house service to employees, ensuring a distraction free work environment.
9. Provide general administrative support including, but not limited to: coordinating logistics of meeting rooms, office inventory and supplies, shipping and receiving etc.
10. Ensure reception area, conference room, and Executive Lounge are continuously tidy and presentable.
11. Answer employee questions as needed and direct to appropriate resources.
12. Assists with additional administrative projects and kitchen duties as needed.
1. 1-2 years of administrative experience.
2. Experience using multi-line phone systems.
3. Strong verbal, written, interpersonal and customer service skills; demonstrated ability to represent the company with internal employees, visitors and vendors.
4. Strong planning and organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
5. Experience with food service
6. 1-2 years Microsoft Word and Excel, experience using Google Applications a plus.
7. Must be a team-player.
8. Excellent time management skills, punctual and dependable.
9. Confident interacting with people of all backgrounds, and at all levels of the organization.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.