Product Development Application Engineer, Ukraine
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, Applications Engineer with a passion for customer support focusing on our Data Management Solutions. Functioning as a liaison between R&D/QA and the Global Application Engineering team, the candidate will be responsible for providing technical assistance in characterizing, reporting, and resolving field issues.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
● Facilitate communication of technical issues from the field to the R&D and QA teams.
● Troubleshoot and resolve technical questions and issues in a timely manner.
● Log all issues, updating activities to tickets, and escalated tickets.
● Able to work “low volume/high complexity” issues effectively towards resolution over an extended period with multiple stakeholders.
● Constantly expand technical knowledge by exploring technical content and Altium products.
● Creation of various types of topic-based content, such as online help, online user guides, video tutorials, knowledge base articles, quick start guides and more.
Qualifications and Skills include but not limited to:
● Minimum 2 years of experience in related fields, or equivalent degree/certifications.
● Operating System Administration on Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016) and newer.
● General Software troubleshooting skills.
● Basic scripting knowledge helpful.
● Databases: Basic knowledge of Oracle 11.2/XE/etc. (simple configuration/queries execution), Firebird (2.5+).
● Basic knowledge of networking technologies.
● Experience with Virtualization (VMWare, VBox, VirtualPC).
● Experience with Traffic sniffers (Fiddler, HTTP debugger).
● Experience with Version Control Systems (SVN, Git, etc.).
● Understanding of client-server application architecture(.NET).
● Understanding of HTTP/HTTPS, WEB services architecture and IIS.
● Ability to Troubleshoot complex issues.
● Technical Writing to document & disseminate information & knowledge base articles.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Be driven, self-managed, and motivated.
Would be a plus:
● Experience with PCB design tools and knowledge of the PCB fabrication and assembly process.
● Knowledge of the business system (SalesForce) and Defect tracking system (i.e. Jira).
● Understanding of Data Management applications preferred (i.e. PLM, ERP, MRP, PDM).
● Fluency in additional spoken languages is a plus.
● Experience in software conflicts regarding Firewall/Antivirus configuration.
● Background in Technical Support or Customer Service strongly preferred.
More about why to join us:
Opportunity to solve real-life engineering problems in the really exciting electronics design industry.
Entrepreneurial culture guaranteeing:
● Strong sense of accomplishment;
● Close feedback loop with the Customers;
● No nonsense projects.
The transformational phase of the company, both business and technology-wise:
● Market leadership by 2020 (please check how’s Altium doing financially);
● Rapid expansion of product portfolio and migration to the SaaS model.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.Privacy Notice for Job Applicants