Apply for this job now by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Senior Application Engineer, USA
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Applications Engineer with a focus on Altium
product expertise. Responsible for providing technical assistance to Customers and Sales Managers,
manage priority customer issues and workflows. Provide support for other team members, including
assistance in troubleshooting and documenting the most complex difficult issues.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Take ownership and support a prioritized customer base and accounts defined by management
2. Responsible for providing escalation resources and documenting/disseminating information for broader consumption surrounding technical issues as raised by Applications Engineering, Technical Marketing, Sales Management, and R&D
3. Supporting entire customer base through a variety of mediums, with a focus on FAQ, Knowledge Base Articles, Online Help and Community Forum participation
4. Log all issues, updating activities to tickets, and escalated tickets
5. Creation of various types of topic based content, such as online help, online user guides, video tutorials, knowledge base articles, quick start guides and more
6. Provide Live coaching and assistance to team members
7. Early access to pre-released products and features for testing and preparing for Technical Teams
8. Provide Public, On-Site & On-Line Training to Altium customers as required
9. Provide support for Field or Sales Applications Engineering team
10. Maintain a high level of knowledge and professionalism
Qualifications include but not limited to:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics or Computer or Mechatronics Engineering
2. A solid understanding of electronic design software, verification and automation
3. Strong Experience with Altium products is a requirement
4. 6+ years previous experience as an Altium Applications Engineer preferred
5. Previous Experience in Technical Support role preferred
6. Fluent in English *
7. Fluency in additional language is a plus
8. Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills *
9. Ability to regularly Mentor and Assist Applications Engineers
10. Deep knowledge in two or more areas essential:
- Systems design, High Speed design, RF design, Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, Contract Manufacturing, Data/Library Management, Fabrication, or Assembly
11. Understanding of Data Management applications preferred (i.e. PLM, ERP, MRP, PDM)
12. Experience with Complex PCB Simulation/Signal Integrity/Analysis is a plus
13. Experience in technical demonstrations and presenting training materials
14. Must possess excellent group and interpersonal communication and presentation skills, written skills, and the desire to work in a fast paced environment with passion and enthusiasm for Altium Corporate Goals, Visions, Products and Solutions
15. Willingness and ability to travel as required with short or no notice
16. Be driven, self managed, and motivated
Working conditions This job will require occasional travel. When not travelling, time will be spent in the office fielding escalations from the technical team, and proactively assisting with the AE team case work.
Physical requirements - There may some lifting required at some locations, carrying training materials into the training room.
*Note: regional restrictions and needs must be taken into account. In particular, excellent verbal and written local language skills will be required.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.