Apply for this job now by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Senior Solutions Sales Director Newark, NJ USA, USA
The successful Candidate will lead and manage a team of sales and field technical resources in one or more global regions in the sale and successful customer implementation of Nexus solutions for teams collaborating in the design of PCBs and embedded software solutions. A versatile, self-starter and passionate individual with strong PCB and embedded knowledge. The qualified individual must have ability to call “high” and lead large and complex solutions sales campaigns. Expanding the breadth and depth of Altium customer base by driving market share gains of solutions products and obtaining revenue and booking goals by working directly and through the team. Emphasis is placed on the ability to act as an enabler of customer success by working closely with R&D, product marketing and field technical resources. Will be a key leader in expanding Altium’s core competencies to include Reliable Solutions and Dependable Service while also perpetuating Altium “Easy To” in everything we do.
1. Manage a team of sales and field technical resources spanning one or more geographic areas to ensure market growth and business plan objectives of solutions sales are met.
2. Collaborating in an extended in a team environment with other global sales regions sales, marketing, R&D and third parties to meet and exceed team objectives.
3. Develop long-term opportunities by establishing credibility and close relationships with key decision makers at targeted accounts.
4. Leads the team to solve complex solutions solution sales challenges, including competitive displacements, expanding new wins, etc. with “Easy To” creative business solutions.
5. Superior sales process leadership including account planning, qualifying, developing solutions proposals, project management and accurate forecasting
6. Driving and coordinating technical resources to solve customer’s challenges.
7. Manages order execution from negotiation to written proposals to close in conjunction with internal organizations spanning legal, finance, sales ops etc.
8. Provide leadership, coaching and direction to develop the team with a focus on exceeding sales and business objectives.
9. Recruit, develop and retain a team of highly motivated, results oriented professionals.
10. Observe and participate in customer product presentations, demonstrations and proposals; negotiate [and/or assist] in finalization of customer agreements.
11. Travel to customer locations as required.
12. Attend and actively participate in sales leadership meetings.
1. BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, EE or related technical field
2. 15 - 20 years minimum EDA experience in leading technical solution driven sales and with 8 - 10 years of solutions sales management experience.
3. Have a deep understanding of PCB and embedded technology, flows and methodologies.
4. Ability to solve a wide-range of difficult solution sales challenges in imaginative, creative and collaborative ways leveraging all Altium resources and establishing mutually beneficial third-party partnerships.
5. Self-directed, resourceful, highly driven individual who thinks strategically while also possessing a proven sales track record of launching new product lines and exceeding sales objectives through penetrating new accounts, displacing competition, expanding in existing accounts, upselling, and account retention.
6. Strong communication skills, and the ability to interact with engineering, sales, management, legal and financial functions at all levels.
7. Demonstrated ability to impact and influence extended teams through a collaborative approach.
8. Ability to grasp complex technical data and to communicate to a broad range of technical and non-technical people
9. History of building and maintaining credibility and relationships with key decisions makers spanning engineering to executives.
10. Able to take charge of a situation, organizing resources and guides the team towards the successful completion of the objective.
11. Work effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
12. Effective at building wide support, thinks team first, promotes success in terms of company and team as well as individual success, and is adept at creating a shared vision.
13. Ability to promote company presence and expand Altium brand image as a solutions leader.
14. Willingness to travel to ensure customer and revenue success.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.