Apply for this job now by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Software Release Manager - La Jolla, CA, USA
We are looking for a qualified Software Release Manager to join our team here in San Diego, CA. You will be responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the delivery of our software products. This involves release preparation, scheduling, communication, monitoring, reporting, and will require interaction with Product Managers, Engineers, QA, Beta testers, Internal Business Stakeholders, and Customers.
Altium employs Scrum-based Agile software development practices, with a growing number of Scrum teams owning different parts of the products. The Software Release Manager role will serve as the coordinator and servant-leader amongst these teams to deliver the software they’re iterating on.
The ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills, experience with Agile software development, with a plus being past experience in software engineering.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
2. 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred).
3. Communicated release details and schedules to internal and external business partners as needed.
4. Coordinated with multiple software development product teams to build and release our products with quality, consistency, and excellence.
5. Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Product Management, Operations, and QA to deliver both new products and releases to existing products.
6. Managed release risks and collaborates with stakeholders to resolve issues to keep release deliveries on track.
7. Continuously worked to make improvements in the release process.
8. Experience delivering software to large customer audience.
9. Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
10. Excellent written/documentation and verbal communication skills.
11. Experience coordinating multi-component software deployments, including rollback planning and risk mitigation analysis.
12. Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills, formal training in project management practices preferred.
13. Understanding of Agile delivery frameworks, such as Scrum and Kanban.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.Privacy Notice for Job Applicants