Apply for this job now by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Solutions Account Manager - Newark, NJ , USA
The successful Candidate builds and leverages relationships with existing and new customers to expand and upsell Altium solution products within a specific territory for the sale of. A proactive and passionate individual with strong PCB knowledge and embedded knowledge is a plus. The qualified individual proactively interfaces with prospects and customers on a daily basis primarily via telephone and email with some travel to qualify and drive business opportunities to closure. Expanding the breadth and depth of Altium customer base by meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals of solutions products. Emphasis is placed on the ability to work with a product in a rapidly developing new launch and evolution process.
1. Sells into a specified geographic area to grow market share and meet business plan objectives of Altium solutions products.
2. Qualify new accounts and presents NEXUS and Tasking solutions to engineering teams, supply chain, librarians, management, C-Level executives, etc.
3. Prepare and present proposals for existing and new customers through application of Altium solutions to meet customer requirements.
4. Executes sales process from negotiation to written proposals to close in conjunction with internal organizations spanning legal, finance, sales ops etc.
5. Meets or exceeds monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
6. Collaborate in a solution sales team including other sales and technical team members to meet and exceed team objectives.
7. Develops positive long-term opportunities by establishing credibility, close relationships and high post-sales satisfaction with key decision makers at targeted accounts creating strong potential for repeat business while driving up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
8. Tracks and monitors subscription renewal dates within assigned territory and develops strategies to meet or exceed retention targets.
9. Assist sales team to develop plans and strategies for Altium solutions products.
10. Provides accurate forecast and maintains detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities in Altium’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
11. Organizes and executes specialized projects such as call-out campaigns, data updates, etc.
12. Learns and maintains in-depth knowledge of Altium products and technologies, competitive products and industry trends.
13. Completes administrative paperwork including sales reports, forecasts, expense reports, etc. on a timely basis.
1. Bachelor’s degree (computer/electrical engineering or related technical field preferred) along with business training.
2. 3 - 7 years minimum experience in EDA or related field with a strong understanding of the solution sales selling process.
3. Strong product knowledge of PCB or embedded software strongly preferred.
4. Outstanding organization and time management skills are a must.
5. Ability to grasp complex technical data and to communicate to a broad range of technical and non-technical people.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Effective and articulate communications in a clear and concise manner checking to ensure that messages have been understood. Gains influence by the effective use of information, targeting their communication to meet the information needs of their audiences.
7. Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and efficiently.
8. History of building and maintaining credibility and relationships with key customer decisions makers.
9. Ability to promote company presence and expand Altium brand image as a solutions leader.
10. Makes good decisions based on sound understanding and evaluation of relevant information; gathers information and involves others as appropriate. Willing to commit to a definite course of action and can support or defend their decisions with confidence.
11. Entrepreneurial, positive, enthusiastic, energetic, with a good sense of humor
12. Make an immediate positive impression on others. Establish a rapport quickly and project an aura of authority and credibility. In situations where pressure or conflict arises, they retain their composure, using personal influence to achieve compromise.
13. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint a plus.
14. Up to 20% travel to customer locations as required to meet business and customer success objectives.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.