Sr. Account Executive - La Jolla, CA, USA
The Account Executive (AE) owns a specific territory and associated quota. The AE proactively interfaces with prospects on a daily basis via telephone, face to face when required to qualify and drive new logo business opportunities to closure. The AEX is responsible for meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals for the designated territory.
1. Plans and prioritizes all required sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving sales targets, meeting or exceeding established standards for the minimum number of contacts and talk time per day.
2. Presents Altium’s value proposition via email, telephone, video conferencing and live presentations to engineering teams, management and C-Level executives. Coordinates with Altium’s technical resources in order to achieve product alignment with customer needs.
3. Completes administrative paperwork including sales reports, forecasts, and expense reports on a timely basis.
4. Meets or exceeds monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
5. Self-driven to deliver the required call rates, pipeline build and other key sales metrics.
6. Maintains detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities in Altium’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
7. Organizes and executes specialized projects such as call-out campaigns, data updates, etc.
8. Learns and maintains in-depth knowledge of Altium products and technologies, competitive products and industry trends.
9. Able to present and deliver the Altium value proposition face to face
10. Understands the PCB design process and can align Altium Designer into the process to show prospects the value “fit” Altium brings
11. Must be able to take charge and manage prospect meetings and software evaluations
12. Must be able to negotiate multiple decision makers
13. Can create ROI value statements using prospect specific data to create custom closing strategies
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics or Computer or Mechatronics Engineering
2. A solid understanding of electronic design software, verification and automation
3. Strong Experience with Altium products is a requirement
4. 6+ years previous experience as an Altium Applications Engineer preferred
5. Previous Experience in Technical Support role preferred
6. Fluent in English *
7. Fluency in additional language is a plus
8. Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills *
9. Ability to regularly Mentor and Assist Applications Engineers
10. Deep knowledge in two or more areas essential:
Systems design, High Speed design, RF design, Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, Contract Manufacturing, Data/Library Management, Fabrication, or Assembly
11. Understanding of Data Management applications preferred (i.e. PLM, ERP, MRP, PDM)
12. Experience with Complex PCB Simulation/Signal Integrity/Analysis is a plus
13. Experience in technical demonstrations and presenting training materials
14. Must possess excellent group and interpersonal communication and presentation skills, written skills, and the desire to work in a fast paced environment with passion and enthusiasm for Altium Corporate Goals, Visions, Products and Solutions
15. Willingness and ability to travel as required with short or no notice
16. Be driven, self managed, and motivated
Working conditions This job will require occasional travel. When not travelling, time will be spent in the office fielding escalations from the technical team, and proactively assisting with the AE team case work.
Physical requirements - There may some lifting required at some locations, carrying training materials into the training room.
*Note: regional restrictions and needs must be taken into account. In particular, excellent verbal and written local language skills will be required.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.Privacy Notice for Job Applicants