Apply for this job now by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Sr. Account Executive - La Jolla, CA, USA
The Account Executive (AE) owns a specific territory and associated quota. The AE proactively interfaces with prospects on a daily basis via telephone, face to face when required to qualify and drive new logo business opportunities to closure. The AEX is responsible for meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals for the designated territory.
1. Plans and prioritizes all required sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving sales targets, meeting or exceeding established standards for the minimum number of contacts and talk time per day.
2. Presents Altium’s value proposition via email, telephone, video conferencing and live presentations to engineering teams, management and C-Level executives. Coordinates with Altium’s technical resources in order to achieve product alignment with customer needs.
3. Completes administrative paperwork including sales reports, forecasts, and expense reports on a timely basis.
4. Meets or exceeds monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
5. Self-driven to deliver the required call rates, pipeline build and other key sales metrics.
6. Maintains detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities in Altium’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
7. Organizes and executes specialized projects such as call-out campaigns, data updates, etc.
8. Learns and maintains in-depth knowledge of Altium products and technologies, competitive products and industry trends.
9. Able to present and deliver the Altium value proposition face to face
10. Understands the PCB design process and can align Altium Designer into the process to show prospects the value “fit” Altium brings
11. Must be able to take charge and manage prospect meetings and software evaluations
12. Must be able to negotiate multiple decision makers
13. Can create ROI value statements using prospect specific data to create custom closing strategies
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication or related field desirable or equivalent experience.
2. 5+ years of sales experience and/or related technology industry experience.
3. Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively through various forums including email and telephone.
4. Self-driven, team player that is results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
5. Demonstrated persistence to move past gatekeepers and gain key intelligence regarding decision makers, customer needs, etc.
6. Strong closing skills a must.
7. Proficiency with Salesforce.com desirable but not a requirement.
8. Sales in related software a strong plus – PCB, PLM, MCAD, Embedded, Data Management
9. Inside Sales/Telesales/Business Development Experience in a software or related technology company preferred.
10. Whilst the role is office-based, the candidate will be expected to travel to customer sites, conferences and other events as required Must be able to work in a fast paced transactional sales environment
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.Privacy Notice for Job Applicants