Support Engineer, TASKING - Detroit, MI, USA
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Support Engineer to drive TASKING embedded tools and solutions through implementation and deployment. The Application Engineer will provide direct customer support and assists with customer’s application issues.
1. Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
2. Ensure customers are successful with the deployment of TASKING tools and solutions.
3. Provide first-level technical post-sales support for the local automotive customer base.
4. Ability to troubleshoot and locate software and hardware information from various technical sources and clearly communicate back to the support group.
5. Log all issues, updating activities to tickets, and escalate tickets internally.
6. Operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
7. Take ownership and support a prioritized customer base and accounts.
8. Support customer during the complete deployment cycle through a variety of mediums, with a focus on the user guides, FAQ, Whitepaper, Online Help, and Community Forum participation.
9. Creation of various types of topic-based content, such as online help, online user guides, video tutorials, knowledge base articles, quick start guides and more.
10. Quickly grasp client technical and business challenges while establishing personal and company credibility.
11. Proactively identify and assist on potentially difficult deployment engagements.
1. Qualifications include but not limited to:
2.BS/MS degree in Electrical or Computer Science or Electronics Engineering.
3.Experience in development of embedded applications using C/C++ compilers, debuggers, and IDEs.
4. 3 - 5 years of relevant technical support preferred ; embedded software development required.
5. Strong knowledge of low-level programming, C/C++ language standards, safety-critical requirements
6. A solid understanding of embedded development software, verification, and automation.
7. Ability to perform and follow all technical support functions and processes as needed.
8. Interaction with the global team members required to collect and manage complex problems with customer issues.
9. Proactive attitude, self-driven and motivated to learn.
10. Experience with TASKING products or Infineon TriCore™ microcontrollers is a plus.
11. Experience in technical demonstrations
12. Fluency in English
*Note: Working conditions This job will require occasional travel.
*Note: regional restrictions and needs must be taken into account. In particular, excellent verbal and written local language skills will be required.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.Privacy Notice for Job Applicants