Defining Navigation Preferences for Altium Designer
Created: March 21, 2016 | Updated: April 11, 2017
Parent page: System Preferences
The System - Navigation page of the Preferences dialog
The System – Navigation page of the Preferences dialog provides controls relating to navigation actions in the Navigator panel.
This page is accessed by clicking Navigation under the System folder in the main Preferences dialog (DXP » Preferences).
- Highlight Methods - select methods of highlighting graphical objects during navigation, and when exploring differences between documents or complier messages. Choose from the following:
- Zooming - enable this option to zoom in/out to always display your item of interest.
- Masking - enable this option to dim the display of all other objects except your item of interest.
- Selecting - enable this option to select your item of interest.
- Connective Graph - enable this option to show how your item is connected.
- Include Power Parts - enable this option to show the connectivity through to the power parts as well in the connectivity graph. This option is only available if Connective Graph is checked.
- Zoom Precision - use this slider to control how closely the system will zoom into highlighted objects. The farther to the right (Close) you move the slider, the larger the magnification.
- Objects To Display - select the set(s) of objects to display in the Navigator panel. Choices include:
- Sheet Connectors
- Graphical Lines
- Net Labels
- Sheet Entries
- Sheet Symbols
- Cross Select Zoom Options - select the options used to zoom on graphical objects in Cross Select Mode. The options include:
- No Zoom
- Zoom to Last Selected
- Zoom to All Selected
Found an issue with this document? Highlight the area, then use Ctrl+Enter to report it.