Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place the last content cut/copied to the clipboard into any open CMPT Editor.
With one or more objects already available on the clipboard, this command can be accessed from the CMPT Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Paste command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button on the Component Template Standard toolbar.
- Using the Ctrl+V keyboard shortcut.
- Right-clicking within the design workspace then choosing the Paste command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the latest clipboard content will appear floating on the cursor. The cursor position relative to the content is determined by the reference point designated when Cut or Copy was used to add the selection to the clipboard. Position the content at the required position within the design workspace and click, or press Enter, to paste.
The following additional operations can be performed while the content is still floating on the cursor:
- Press the Spacebar to rotate the content counterclockwise or Shift+Spacebar for clockwise rotation. Rotation is in accordance with the value for the Rotation Step defined on the PCB Editor – General page of the Preferences dialog.
- Press the X or Y keys to flip the content along the X-axis or Y-axis respectively.
- Press the Alt key to constrain the direction of movement to the horizontal or vertical axis, depending on the initial direction of movement.