Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to refresh the active BOM document (*.BomDoc), from all available sources. Referred to as ActiveBOM, the BOM document offers a live presentation of the design from the outset, providing early and ongoing cost estimation. It allows you to define target pricing at the individual item level. You can then track how actual costing fares against these estimates, and so give a timely flag if any cost blow-outs are on the near horizon! In addition, you can quickly assess item availability, complete with notification if there is a risk in the supply of a chosen part.
This command can be accessed from the BOM Editor by:
- Clicking the button on the BOM Document Tools toolbar.
- Clicking the button, at the top-right of the document workspace.
- Using the F5 shortcut.
After launching the command, the BOM document will be refreshed - updating from all available sources, and taking into account:
- Changes to placed components in the design (e.g. descriptions, comments, etc).
- Changes to Supplier Links added to placed components in the design.
- Changes to Part Choice Lists for vault-based components.
- Changes to supply chain data in a linked ODBC source.
Refresh is two-fold. Firstly, it ensures that Core-type catalog items (Core-Managed, Core-UnManaged) are re-synchronized with placed instances on the source schematic documents. And secondly, refresh is needed to ensure the latest supply chain data is retrieved from the applicable source (Part Catalog and Supplier databases).
- The BOM document can also be refreshed by:
- Compiling the source board project to perform an automatic refresh.
- Closing and re-opening the BOM document.
- Right-clicking on a Core-Managed, Extra-Managed, or linked Extra-Reserved catalog item – on the BOM Catalog tab – and choosing the Refresh from Vault command from the menu, refreshes the supply chain data for the selected vault-based item(s) only.