San Diego, Calif. – 11, November, 2015
Altium Limited has announced the release of a major update to their flagship PCB design tool, Altium Designer 16. This update expands the Altium Designer platform to include several new features for enhanced design productivity and automation, allowing engineers to create complex, error-free designs in less time. Altium Designer 16 is available now as a free upgrade for all existing Altium Subscription customers, and can be accessed via the Altium Products Download page.
“Engineers are constantly being challenged to design PCBs in increasingly smaller product packages while still requiring the highest-performance electronics,” said Jason Hingston, CTO at Altium. “Altium Designer 16 empowers every engineer with the powerful capabilities needed to meet the challenges of these design demands with industry-leading productivity and automation tools found only in the unified Altium Designer platform.”
Meeting the Needs of Evolving Design Complexity
As electronic designs continue to expand in complexity, engineers are often left with the daunting task of managing all of the details needed to complete their designs on-time and error-free. Altium Designer 16 includes several new productivity and automation-focused enhancements, allowing engineers to design even the most complex board layouts in significantly less time with the following features:
- Alternative Part Choice System allows designers to fully control their component selection process with backup part choices for manufacturing.
- Visual Clearance Boundaries allow designers to understand the impact of their routing decisions in real-time with visual clearance boundaries between objects on a board.
- Component Placement System allows designers to create the most organized and efficient board layouts with new component placement options.
- Integrated TASKING Pin Mapper allows designers to instantly share design data between a PCB and an embedded software project.
- Offline Design System allows designers to fully control what network data is shared with the outside world with specific connectivity sharing options.
- 3D STEP Model Generation Wizard allows designers to generate realistic and accurate 3D models to provide an exact representation of a board in physical reality.
Altium Designer 16 is available now as a free upgrade to all Altium Subscription customers and can be downloaded from the Altium Products Download page. Start your free 15 day trial of Altium Designer today and experience all of the new features available in this release.
+1 858 864 1573
+1 760 207 8111
Altium Limited (ASX: ALU) is a multinational software corporation headquartered in San Diego, California, that focuses on electronics design systems for 3D PCB design and embedded system development. Altium products are found everywhere from world leading electronic design teams to the grassroots electronic design community.
With a unique range of technologies Altium helps organisations and design communities to innovate, collaborate and create connected products while remaining on-time and on-budget. Products provided are Altium Designer®, Altium Vault®, CircuitStudio®, PCBWorks®, CircuitMaker®, Octopart® and the TASKING® range of embedded software compilers.
Founded in 1985, Altium has offices worldwide, with US locations in San Diego, Boston and New York City, European locations in Karlsruhe, Amersfoort, Kiev and Zug and Asia-Pacific locations in Shanghai, Tokyo and Sydney. For more information, visit www.altium.com. You can also follow and engage with Altium via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.