Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to search for one or more real-world parts, courtesy of Part Search functionality then add those parts into the active Component. Not only do you get a new component definition entry for each selected part, you get all of its parameters and any data sheets, leaving you to just organize some domain models then release.
This command can be accessed from the Component Editor when operating in Batch Component editing mode in the following ways:
- Choose the Edit » Operations » Create from Part Search command from the main menus.
- Use the Shift+Ctrl+M keyboard shortcut.
- Right-click in the definitions region then choose the Operations » Create from Part Search command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the Manufacturer Part Search panel opens. Search for the required part (or parts) across databases of real-world manufactured items that are offered by currently enabled Suppliers.
After selecting the parts you need, click OK. The following process will occur:
- Component entries for each selected part will be created in the definitions area of the Component Editor. Each definition will:
- Be named using the next available unique Item ID, and in accordance with the defined Component Naming scheme employed by the Component Editor.
- Have the value for the selected part's Manufacturer Part Number parameter assigned as the value for its Comment system parameter.
- Have the value for the selected part's Description parameter assigned as the value for its Description system parameter.
- All parameters defined for a selected part (as visible for it in the dialog) will be added to the Required Models/Parameters list. All will be made visible (associated Show option enabled). This means a column will be displayed for each, by default, in the definitions area.
- Parametric entries will also be added for each datasheet available for a selected part (in the form of a ComponentLinknDescription and ComponentLinknURL pairing).
- You can select multiple parts in the Manufacturer Part Search panel for simultaneous addition; each will be added as a separate component definition in the Component Editor. Alternatively, perform numerous sequential searches, adding one or more components each time to build up a library of required components.
- Parameters are imported in accordance with defined Parameter Import Options, which are configured on the Data Management - Parts Providers page of the Preferences dialog.
- The Altium Parts Options region of the Data Management - Parts Providers Preferences page becomes read-only while signed into a server. It adopts those settings defined for the server. For more information on the centralized configuration of Suppliers as part of a server installation, see Supply Chain Management.