Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to clear the contents of one or more selected (and editable) cells in the component definitions region (main grid) of the active Component Library document.
This command can be accessed from the Component Library Editor when configured in Batch Editor mode by:
- Selecting one or more editable cells in the main grid region and choosing the Edit » Clear Contents command from the main menus.
- Right-clicking over an editable cell (or a cell in a selection of editable cells) in the main grid region and choosing the Clear Contents command from the context menu.
- Selecting one or more editable cells in the main grid region and using the Delete keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, the current contents of the selected cell(s) will be cleared, leaving the cell(s) empty.
- If the Component Library document references a Component Template, keep in mind that:
- If a parameter is marked as Read Only in the template, you cannot clear the contents of the applicable cell for that parameter.
- If a parameter is marked as Required in the template, clearing the contents of the applicable cell for that parameter will cause the cell to be highlighted with a red border alerting you to the fact that a value is required.