Off Sheet Schematic Component Removal
Created: March 25, 2021 | Updated: August 12, 2021
Somehow I got a component outside of my sheet area and I cannot select or delete it. How to remove the component or get it back onto the sheet?Starting in Version: 18.0Up to Version: Current
You can use the SCH List
panel to delete or alter the location of any component on the schematic.
Steps how to do this:
- Open the SCH List panel from View ► Panels ► SCH List.
- Or from the Panels button in the lower right corner of the program window
- Configure the header to be set to: Edit all objects from current document include only Parts.
- With the list showing all of the parts, sort the list (e.g. X1 or Y1) to find the part that is placed outside the sheet area.
- You can alter the location by entering appropriate x-y-coordinates or delete the part by Right-click on the part and select ► Zoom Selected.
- This will select the part and zoom to it.
- To remove the part select Edit ► Delete.
Was this article helpful?
Found an issue with this document? Highlight the area, then use Ctrl+Enter to report it.