Applied Parameters: CommandMode=CAM
This command is used to place horizontal dimension objects on the current document. A horizontal dimension reflects the horizontal distance between two specified points.
This command is accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by choosing the Place » Dimension » Horizontal command from the main menus.
After launching the command, you will enter dimension placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Position the cursor at the required point that you wish the first extension line to extend from, and click.
- Position the cursor at the required point that you wish the second extension line to extend from, and click.
- Move the cursor to the position at which you wish to place the dimension text - preferably somewhere between the two defined extension lines - and click to complete dimension placement.
- Continue placing further horizontal dimensions or right-click, or press Esc, to exit dimension placement mode.
- Dimension properties including text style, height, and accuracy, can be defined on the CAM Editor - Draw Dimension page of the Preferences dialog. Changing these settings will only apply to dimensions that you are going to place, and not those that have already been placed.
- All dimension values will be displayed in the current measurement units, as displayed in the CAMtastic panel (default is inches). If the current measurement units are changed (inches/mm), only subsequently placed dimension objects will be displayed in the new current units, and not those already placed.
- Dimensions will be drawn using the current DCode. Set the required DCode in the DCode field on the CAMtastic panel.
- Dimensions will be drawn on the current layer. The current layer is displayed on the CAMtastic panel at the top of the layers list. Double-clicking on any layer in the layers list will cause it to become the current layer.