Working with the Height Design Rule on a PCB in Altium NEXUS
Created: March 24, 2017 | Updated: September 26, 2019
Rule category: Placement
Rule classification: Unary
This rule specifies height restrictions for components placed within the design.
Default constraints for the Height rule.
- Minimum - the value for the minimum permissible component height.
- Preferred - the value for the preferred component height.
- Maximum - the value for the maximum permissible component height.
How Duplicate Rule Contentions are Resolved
All rules are resolved by the priority setting. The system goes through the rules from highest to lowest priority and picks the first one whose scope expression matches the object(s) being checked.
The Preferred setting is obeyed when displaying the board in 3D. The Minimum and Maximum settings are obeyed by the Online DRC and Batch DRC.
- The height property for a component is defined in its associated properties dialog.
- A component class can be created and used in the scope definition for a height rule, in order to flag any member components whose height violates the specified height constraint criteria of the rule.
Found an issue with this document? Highlight the area, then use Ctrl+Enter to report it.