Applied Parameters: ObjectKind=FocusedCategory
This command is used to hide all documents that are currently open within the focused sub-folder in the Projects panel. Documents are hidden in order to prevent clutter in the tabbed area of the main design window. When a document is hidden, it is still open from the point of view of processes such as compilation, synchronization, andannotation, it is just not displayed as a tabbed-document in the main design window.
This command can be accessed by:
- Right-clicking over the entry for a category (folder) in the Projects panel, and choosing the Hide All command from the context menu.
- Focusing the entry for a category (folder) in the Projects panel, then clicking the panel's Project button and choosing the Hide All command from the context menu.
First, ensure that the sub-folder whose documents you wish to hide is focused in the Projects panel.
After launching the command, all currently open documents residing within the focused sub-folder, or descendant folders therein, will be hidden (if not already).
- An entity in the Projects panel is focused either by clicking on it, or right-clicking on it. To distinguish it as being the focused entry, it appears with a dotted border
- Documents can be either hidden manually, or automatically as part of a specific process. For example, when compiling a project or performing back-annotation, initially closed source documents will be opened and hidden automatically.
- Any number of design documents may be hidden.
- A number of commands for hiding documents can also be found on the right-click context menu associated with the document tab for an open document (or grouping of documents). These commands can include the bility to hide: The active document, all documents of the same type, all documents in the group, all other documents, or all documents.
- Up to 16 hidden documents can be listed on the Window » Unhide sub-menu. The hidden documents are listed in alphabetical order. If more than 16 documents are hidden, the remaining documents will appear on the sub-menu, as and when you choose to 'unhide' documents, and therefore create room on the menu.
- To determine which documents are hidden - especially if you have hidden more documents than can be included on the Window » Unhide sub-menu - click the drop-down part of the button on the Projects panel, and enable the Show open/modified status option (part of the General cluster of options). This option can also be enabled from the System - Projects Panel page of the Preferences dialog. Hidden documents are given the blank document icon - . Alternatively, hover the mouse over the icon to obtain textual confirmation of the document's status.
- Hidden documents can also be accessed by clicking the button, at the far right of the tabbed document bar. This gives access to a menu of hidden documents. Click a document entry to unhide it. The menu can hold up to 10 hidden documents, after which all hidden documents will be grouped into sub-menus, by document type.