Trust Your Intricate Electronic Designs to the Best PCB Program
To design the best printed circuit boards you need the best PCB program, you need Altium Designer.
TOPICS IN THIS SOLUTION
Printed Circuit Board design software intended to get the job done right and readily.
You may have a simple printed circuit board to design, or you may have multiple complex boards in the queue. No matter what level of design you’ve got or how many projects you need to do, you know that you need a PCB design system that is the best that you can get. You don’t want complicated tools that are difficult to use, instead, you want PCB design projects and tools that were created to work smoothly together. You want a PCB design system that was created by engineers to be used by engineers so that you can get your job done right and on time. You want the best PCB program available, you want Altium Designer.
Your design may start with the schematic, but your schematic starts with choosing the correct parts. There’s a lot to consider; what parts do you need? Are they available, and what is their cost? Altium Designer has a solution for you with Active BOM, a bill of materials management system with cloud connections to your preferred vendors so that you can make intelligent part choices for your design. You also need your schematic to drive the layout with design rules that you can incorporate up front instead of waiting for the rules to be added later. In Altium Designer you can do just that with a complete system of design rules and constraints that you can configure for the entire job.
Now it’s time to create the schematic, and Altium Designer’s schematic capture application is just what you need for your projects. With an easy to learn and use interface, Altium Designer will handle all of your schematic needs from simple one-sheet schematics to complex multi-channel hierarchical designs. No matter what level of design technology you are creating, Altium Designer has the best schematic capture program that you can use.
Powerful Tools to Create Your Schematic
From part selection through schematic creation, Altium Designer is the best PCB program you can use.
- Active BOM is much more than just a bill of materials report generator. With cloud connections to your preferred vendors it gives you another portal into your design data to work with.
- Set the rules and constraints that you want for your design up front as you create the schematic, and not after it goes to layout.
- It’s easy to learn and fun to use and it will create any level of PCB schematic technology that you have.
Altium Designer’s powerful schematic editor will get the job done
There is a lot to PCB layout to ensure that you have the best printed circuit board design possible, and Altium has all of these points covered. Starting with parts placement on the board, Altium Designer has a plethora of placement features and functionality that will help you to get your placement done perfectly. Altium Designer also gives you the ability to check how the power will be distributed on your board with the power delivery network (PDN) analyzer. You no longer need to wait until you can test your PCB power networks on the test bench. With the PDN Analyzer you can see immediately in your layout just how the power will be distributed and make adjustments to your placement accordingly.
Routing your PCB fabrication and design can be one of the greatest joys of PCB design, but it can also be a huge headache. Altium Designer has been refined over the years to help you avoid the headaches of complicated routing by giving you many different routing features. Auto routing, auto-interactive routing, trace glossing and smoothing, and a host of other functions will give you the control you need to quickly and successfully get your board routed to 100%.
But there’s more to design these days than just place and route, you need to be able to design to the mechanical constraints of your entire system as well. Altium Designer is well equipped with the ability to collaborate with mechanical design systems to bring those formats into your layout. You can easily see in full 3D just how your parts placement will work with the system enclosure as well as other system boards.
The Best PCB Layout System You Will Find
Altium Designer is composed of different tools all created to work smoothly together to give you the design features you need for your intricate layouts.
- Expertly place the parts in your layout with speed and precision using Altium Designer’s placement tools.
- Why wait to analyze your PCB power system when Altium Designer will show you immediately how your power is being distributed.
- Quickly route the traces in your design with the many different features and functions in Altium Designer’s routing menus.
- These days you need to design for more than just the PCB, you need to design your PCB with the entire system in mind.
With Altium Designer’s 3D layout you’ve got the best PCB program you can get
Although it’s true that the job isn’t finished until the manufacturing files are created, the real key is to make sure that the manufacturing files are created correctly. Too often this step in the design process is not given the attention that it deserves, and the entire PCB design suffers for it. The engineers at Altium know this and have created several tools in Altium Designer to help you.
You can easily create panel layouts of your designs to make sure that your job is manufactured the way you want it to be, and you can also auto-generate precise manufacturing drawings as well. And when all of that is done, you can trust that the correct files are being generated with Altium Designer’s user configurable batch job output files.
Best PCB Design Tools that Take You All the Way through the Job
Altium Designer starts you strong, and it finishes you strong with features that will help you to create precise manufacturing files quickly and efficiently.
- Do you need to create your own custom panels for your manufacturer? Altium Designer has the tools you need.
- Altium Designer’s Draftsman will auto-generate manufacturing files for you based off the drawing templates that you create so that your drawings look the same every time.
- Make sure that the manufacturing output files you generate are the same format each time you send a set of files to your vendors with Altium Designer’s batch output job files.
To design the best you need the best PCB program that you can get; Altium Designer.