Choose the Best PCB Design Software With Simple Schematic Drawing Tools
Your PCB design software should make it easy to start building schematics from day one. Altium Designer is a unified layout and schematic platform that provides a seamless transition from layout to schematic.
TOPICS IN THIS SOLUTION
An easy-to-use tool for designing PCBs from the ground up
If you are just dipping your toes into PCB design, you need a piece of software that makes easy to start drawing your schematics immediately. There is no need to use multiple software programs to move from schematic to layout and bill of materials. An integrated software platform is your answer. You need Altium Designer.
Who has the time or the budget to go through the learning curve with a complicated schematic tool? You need unified layout and design software that makes it easy to start drawing schematics from day one. Altium Designer delivers all of the tools you need to start designing in a single environment with an intuitive interface.
Altium Designer Helps You Start Drawing Your Schematic From Day One
Start drawing your schematics immediately. When you are ready, you can quickly transform your schematic into a board layout, and all in a single program. Altium Designer will be the last piece of PCB design and layout software you’ll buy.
- Altium’s up-to-date and intuitive user interface helps you dive right into your PCB layout.
Learn more about Altium’s enhanced user interface.
- An integrated design environment is the foundation of Altium Designer.
Learn more about Altium’s integrated design environment.
- Once you have drawn up your initial schematic, you can instantly translate your schematic to a board layout.
Learn more about Altium’s PADS Logic Exporter.
Altium Designer’s simple schematic drawing tool
With so many components available on the market, you need a schematic drawing system that makes it easy to add predefined components to your PCB schematic and layout. With Altium Designer, you can easily grab components from your library and place them in your schematic drawing. And Altium does their due diligence; they update your library as new components come onto the market.
Altium Designer Helps You Keep Track of Your Components
Gone are the days of keeping track of your component list by hand. Every component in your library is easily accessible, and adding a multitude of components to your schematic has never been easier.
- Altium Designer lets you drag-and-drop components directly from your library into your schematic.
Learn more about Altium Designer’s design features.
- Altium consistently updates component libraries to help keep you productive. You can even design new components using a Unified Component Model.
Learn more about Component Management in Altium Designer.
- When starting any PCB design, it is important to think about building your device. Altium Designer generates your bill of materials and helps you source your parts automatically.
Learn More about BOM Management in Altium Designer.
Altium Designer makes sure that you always have access to the latest and greatest components
Move Seamlessly Between PCB Schematic and Layout
Just because the schematic interface is simple doesn’t mean that the software isn’t powerful. With Altium Designer, you can leverage the full power of your 64-bit multi-threading system to get the maximum possible design performance. Once you are ready to layout your board, you can move seamlessly between your schematic and layout in a single program instead of jumping between multiple programs.
Altium Designer Grows With You
An integrated platform is the key to design efficiency. Drawing simple schematics is easy with Altium Designer, even for the inexperienced designer. Eventually, you will need to move on to the layout phase, and Altium Designer will be there with the tools you need to succeed.
- Interactive CAD tools make it easy to start drawing PCB schematics and layouts, even if you don’t have CAD experience.
Learn More about Altium Designer’s CAD and routing tools.
- Don’t wait until you get your board built to find out about signal integrity issues. The simulation tools in Altium Designer let you verify signal integrity directly from the schematic.
Learn more about Altium Designer’s signal integrity tools.
- You can switch between 2D and highly realistic 3D views, detect mistakes, edit your schematic, and update your layout, all within a single piece of PCB design software.
Learn more about custom 3D design in Altium Designer.
If you are new to PCB design, you need design software that is easy to start using from day one, but that can still grow with you as you gain experience. Altium Designer contains all the features you need to get started drawing simple schematics and, eventually, take you all the way to a finished product.
Try to solve the new Formula Cube! It works exactly like a Rubik's Cube but it is only $2, from China. Learn to solve it with the tutorial on rubiksplace.com or use the solver to calculate the solution in a few steps.