Escape the Trap of the OrCAD PCB Design Software Free Download
A free download of software and a fancy demo can make the PCB design tools you are looking at seem very attractive. You owe it to yourself though to do your research first before you invest so that you get what you know you need.
TOPICS IN THIS SOLUTION
The most powerful, modern and easy-to-use PCB design tool for professional use.
Most free PCB design software downloads where you can try the full version of their software at the latest release level for a limited time, and OrCAD PCB design software is no exception to this rule. The question that you need to ask yourself though is; “am I really seeing everything that I need to see with this trial?” You may find yourself working with a simple design that easily demonstrates the basics of PCB design, but have you truly seen how the tools perform on your more complex designs? When the demonstrations are done and its time to get to work, will your new tools get the job done for you?
Don’t fall into the trap of a good looking demo, make sure that the tools you select will work the way that you expect them to. Since your design needs will be constantly growing and changing, you need design tools that can keep up with all of the different technologies that you will be working with. Altium Designer has over 30 years of research and development behind it making it the best choice of tools for the multiple design technologies that you will be working with. The engineers at Altium have perfected over the years the art of creating software with users like you in mind so that you have the most advanced tools at your fingertips to complete your work.
Free software trials and fancy demos can make any software tools look great, but there’s more to PCB design than a simple demo. To understand what a software design system is truly capable of, you need to dig deep and look at all of its functionality. It may maneuver symbols and wires in the schematic easily in the free trial, but does it have library parts ready to be used and that can be easily managed? Place and route may seem simple in layout, but how difficult is it to set it all up in order to get the results you see in the demo?
Schematic capture and PCB layout are important, but just as important is the ability to easily synchronize the two together. Does the demo cover this? PCB designs are often leveraged off of existing designs, but not all design tools have the capabilities that truly support this. Does your free trial show you any of these features? These are the kinds of questions that you should be asking as well as whether or not the tools will give you the schematic capture and PCB layout performance that you expect. Fortunately Altium Designer is built with a full set of features and functionality in order to handle all of these important points.
Do Your Research Before the Free Trial
There’s a lot you should know about easy PCB design software before you invest in it, here are some points that you may want to consider:
- A simplified user interface is extremely important; the best tools in the world won’t help you if your users aren’t able to use them.
- It takes time to develop your own library, see how a full set of library parts and features will help you.
- More than likely your designs will grow in complexity over time, and your schematic capture application should be prepared to help you at any level.
- You shouldn’t have to reinvent the wheel with every new design you create, you need to be able to leverage design reuse techniques.
- You need more than just the ability to connect the dots when it comes to trace routing, you need advance trace routing features and functions to help you do it right.
- To get your designs done with today’s time and budget constraints require next-generation capabilities such as a 3D design environment.
The Import Wizard helps you to translate your old data into Altium Designer
No matter the PCB editor you used previously, making a circuit should be done on the best software available for you. With a strong and integrated schematic design, easily navigatable PCB footprints and any other tool you can imagine for PCB board design, you will be able to create any circuit from a basic printed circuit to an advanced PCB design.
If you already have some work in other design tools such as OrCAD you don’t need to worry, you can easily move your designs up into Altium Designer to benefit from all of its advance features and functionality. Altium Designer is equipped with many different translation functions to help you move your designs and libraries into the Altium Designer environment with minimal effort. You can quickly and efficiently begin to work on your old designs and libraries in Altium Designer saving you time and money.
Easily Import Other CAD Designs Into Altium Designer
With translator functions like these, there’s nothing stopping you from moving your legacy designs into Altium Designer.
- Altium Designer’s import wizard will help you to easily import your legacy designs and libraries from other CAD systems like OrCAD.
- ·For more comparison information, take a look at this evaluation guide written to show OrCAD users how much they will benefit from switching to Altium Designer.
- First-hand knowledge is the best, and here’s a report from someone who knows what it takes to create a first time schematic in Altium Designer.
Altium Designer; the powerful PCB design tools you need to get the job done
You’ve done your research and you know what you need in a PCB design CAD software system. Now the question is, does Altium Designer have what I need to get the job done? The answer is; absolutely!
Starting with a 64-bit multi-threading architecture, you will find that Altium Designer has the speed and power that you need for the most challenging designs. On that solid foundation is Altium Designer’s signature unified design environment which provides a common data structure under-the-hood, and a modern user interface on the surface. From there you will be able to create any circuitry that you need from a simple one page schematic to a complex multi-channel hierarchical design. In layout you will have a plethora of features and functions to place and route your circuitry quickly and efficiently. Additionally Altium Designer is loaded with simulators, supply chain management, a drawing generator, and many other tools and productivity enhancements.
Does Altium Designer have what you need to get the job done you ask? You bet it does, and a whole lot more beyond that as well.
PCB Design Tools Created to Make Your Job Easier
Altium Designer has been developed by engineers who know what design engineers like you need to get the job done right.
- From the simplest schematic to the most complex designs, schematic capture in Altium Designer is a dream to work with.
- Component placement in your PCB layout is simplified with all of the capabilities that Altium Designer has at your disposal.
- Altium Designer gives you the advantage in trace routing with several different intelligent routing features.
- All of the tools and data are connected together through the unified design environment in Altium Designer making your job easier.
You’ve done the research and you’ve read the reports and now you know, Altium Designer is the obvious choice download OrCAD PCB design software free download.