The Best Design Software for Custom PCB Military Applications
Custom PCB military applications need the most advanced PCB design software that you can get in order to get the job done right.
TOPICS IN THIS SOLUTION
Design success for any and all specialty and industrial PCB needs.
The demand for new electronic designs in military applications continues to expand as the need for enhanced systems to stay ahead of the military technology curve grows. Aerospace, avionics, weapons, communications, and computers are just some of the driving technologies that are constantly changing to order to keep pace with this growth.
To meet the demand for these new and innovative systems, designers have a greater need for advanced design tools now than ever before. Designers for custom PCB military applications need the ability to swiftly interface with their parts supply chain as well as use the most advanced tools to create, place, and route their designs. Fortunately, there is a PCB design system that can satisfy all of these requirements; Altium Designer.
There are a lot of different custom PCB military requirements which can result in longer design cycles to satisfy all the needed certifications and authorizations. The last thing you need when designing printed circuit boards for military applications are additional problems, yet the current crisis in the component supply chain can cause huge delays. Component lead times are extending and prices are going through the roof.
To navigate these problems and help ensure on-time delivery, PCB designers need tools that they can rely on to get them accurate and immediate information on the components that they are using. Altium Designer features tools that will connect you with your part vendors through a cloud connection so that you can get real-time data on component availability and pricing. This information is vital for military PCBs manufacturers and suppliers to keep your designs moving forward without delay in the design cycle.
PCB Design Tools that Keep You Informed
To stay on top of the current component shortage crisis in the supply chain, you need tools that can get you the latest information as you design.
- Altium Designer’s PCB design and BOM management tools provide the perfect solution for military and aerospace designs.
- A good PCB design BOM application will give you complete access to the parts that you need, both through a portal into the design information and through a cloud connection to your part vendors.
- Your BOM application should be able to format your bill of materials reports into any format that you need to quickly interface with all of your vendors.
Altium Designer helps you to manage your supply chain with Active BOM
Another potential delay in designing printed circuit boards is dealing with military and defense industry PCB assembly capabilities. If you send bad data out for PCB manufacturing you may end up facing delays or even bad builds of the circuit boards. To ensure that your designs are manufactured correctly the first time, you need to be able to generate precise manufacturing documentation.
Altium Designer provides you with a wide assortment of features and functionality to create perfect documentation. From tools that will give you precise control over your PCB features such as solder mask and silkscreen, to the creation of PCB assembly drawings and other manufacturing and in-circuit test documentation.
Precision Tools for the PCB Designer
You need the best PCB design tools to quickly create PCB manufacturing documentation that is 100% accurate.
- Your printed circuit boards will not get built correctly without the correct assembly drawings and other manufacturing documentation.
- Understanding the complete manufacturing process will help you to make the correct choices for your board such as what solder mask to use.
- Altium Designer can help you with the creation of your manufacturing documentation with utilities such as their automated drawing generator Draftsman.
Altium Designer will enable you to route advanced high speed traces like these
The most important piece of the puzzle is having the power in your PCB design tools to get the job done. To satisfy the requirements of aerospace and defense technologies in your printed circuit boards, you need tools that can take you from schematic capture all the way through circuit board layout. Your tools must be able to be used without an extensive learning curve, and yet still have the power and versatility to handle the most complex design challenges.
Circuit board layout for military and aerospace require precise component placement and high speed routing. Your design tools need to have features in them that will allow you to place and route the board quickly and precisely. To meet the demands of high speed routing topologies, measured lengths, and tuned traces, you need tools that can easily be set up with a full assortment of design rules and constraints. With Altium Designer, all of these features are ready and waiting for your input.
Powerful PCB Design Tools that are Easy to Work With
You don’t have time to relearn your PCB design tools every time you work on a new board, but you also need the most powerful tools you can get.
- Altium Designer gives you the easiest schematic capture tool to learn and use for creating your complex electrical circuitry.
- Arranging components on the board during layout is easily handled by all the different placement features in Altium Designer.
- Advance military applications will require the high speed design functionality in Altium Designer for advance trace routing.
To satisfy the ever-expanding custom PCB military requirements, you need a PCB design system that can provide all of your needs in one complete tool system. You need Altium Designer.