Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to change the shape and/or layer for selected objects in the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Objects » Modify/Change command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Editing Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
- Using the Ctrl+D keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a square and you will enter modification mode. The procedure involves the following sequence of actions:
- Click on the objects that are to be modified, making them selected. Clicking away from an object allows you to drag a selection area, for including multiple objects in the selection. Selection is cumulative.
- When all required objects have been selected, right-click. The Modify/Change dialog appears. Use the dialog to change the shape (aperture) used for the objects, and/or the layer that they are drawn on. Leave a field blank in order for no change to take place.
- After setting the options for the change as required click OK - the selected objects will be updated according to the defined modifications.
- Continue selecting further objects to modify, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit modification mode.
- With respect to modifying the shape of the selected objects, you can either select an aperture associated to an existing DCode, or create your own, new shape. In the case of the latter, you must select an available shape from the associated drop-down list, and specify a size.
- With respect to modifying the layer for the selected objects, you can either select an existing, defined layer from the associated drop-down list, or choose New Layer, whereby a new layer with a default name will be created. The name of this new layer can be changed by right-clicking on the layer entry, in the layers list of the CAMtastic panel, and choosing the Rename command from the context menu.