Applied Parameters: Action=AxisToAxis
This command is used to align one constituent part with another in the active Multi-board Assembly document (*.MbaDoc), using nominated 3D Body axes. This allows you to quickly get two parts aligned above each other.
This command can be accessed from the Multi-board Assembly Editor by:
- Choosing the Tools » Align Axis-to-Axis command from the main menus.
- Using the Shift+Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, you will enter alignment mode. Alignment using 3D Body axes is performed as follows:
- Select the required 3D Body axis associated with a base part - the part that you do not want moved. As you move the cursor over the part, all available 3D Body axes will be highlighted (using the 3D Body Axis system color). The 3D Body Axis under the cursor will be further highlighted (using the Highlight Under Cursor system color). Click to select this axis, which will remain highlighted (using the Persistent Highlight system color).
- Move the cursor over the part you wish to align with the base part. Again, its 3D Body axes will highlight. Click on the axis you wish to use.
- The second part will be moved in the workspace so that its nominated 3D Body axis is aligned with the nominated axis of the base part. Use the Tab key to toggle the direction of alignment.
- Continue aligning further parts by specific 3D Body axes, or press Esc to exit alignment mode.
- The 3D Body Axis, Highlight Under Cursor, and Persistent Highlight system colors are defined in the System Colors section of the View Configuration panel.
- To align a part to a workspace axis:
- Select the object so that the Object Gizmo is displayed.
- Use the appropriate colored arc to rotate the object in the required direction. There is a slight stickiness in the motion whenever you cross a workspace plane, use this behavior to guide you as you align the object.