Applied Parameters: CommandMode=CAM
This command is used to place arc objects onto the current document. The arc is drawn using three points - center, start and end.
This command is accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by choosing the Place » Arc » Center, Start, End command from the main menus.
After launching the command, you will enter arc placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Position the cursor at the required position and click to anchor the center point for the arc.
- Move the cursor and click again to define the required start point location. As you now move the cursor, the arc will appear, drawn from the start point.
- Continue moving the cursor until the required arc end point is reached and click to complete placement of the arc.
- Continue placing further arcs or right-click, or press Esc, to exit arc placement mode.
- The direction in which the arc is drawn - clockwise or anti-clockwise - is defined by the Arc Direction option, on the CAM Editor - Drawing Modes page of the Preferences dialog.
- You do not need to position the cursor at the location you wish to define for the end point, simply move the cursor in a clockwise (or anti-clockwise) fashion until the arc reaches the required position.
- The command can be canceled at any stage before clicking to define the end point, by right-clicking, or pressing Esc.
- Arcs will be drawn using the current DCode. Set the required DCode in the DCode field on the CAMtastic panel.
- Arcs will be drawn on the current layer. The current layer is displayed on the CAMtastic panel at the top of the layers list. Double-clicking on any layer in the layers list will cause it to become the current layer.