Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to remove objects from an existing Step & Repeat array.
This command is accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by choosing the Edit » Step/Repeat » Remove Objects command from the main menus.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a square and you will enter object removal mode. Removal is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Select objects to remove within the original frame (lower-left) of the target Step & Repeat array. This can be done by simply positioning the cursor over an existing object that you wish to include in the selection, and clicking. Alternatively, clicking away from an object allows you to drag a selection area, for including multiple objects in the selection. Selection is cumulative.
- Once all required objects have been selected, right-click. The objects will be removed from the array and the frames of the array will be resized in relation to the objects that are left.
- Continue selecting objects to remove from other Step & Repeat arrays, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit.
- The removal of objects may well cause the frames in the array to appear with inadequate spacing. You can modify the distance (or gap) between frames, using the Modify Step_Repeat dialog.
- If you remove all objects from the original frame of the array, the array will effectively be deleted.
- Panelization and Arrays allow embedded Step & Repeat codes to reduce the size of files that contain the same information multiple times. If a session includes Step & Repeat codes, only the original image will be fully displayed in the main design window, all other projected copies appear as blank frames. To reveal the copied images in each frame, the Step & Repeat array will need to be exploded. The size of the file can increase considerably in this case, depending on the amount of information that is being repeated.