Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to copy the selected object(s) from the current document to the CAMtastic Editor's clipboard.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Copy command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button on the CAMtastic Standard toolbar.
- Using the Ctrl+C (or Ctrl+Insert) keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a square and you will enter copy mode. You will be prompted to select objects to include in the copy. Simply position the cursor over an object you wish to include in the selection and click. Clicking away from an object allows you to drag a selection area, for including multiple objects in the selection. Selection is cumulative.
Continue adding objects to the selection and then right-click to effect the copy and exit copy mode. The selected objects will be copied to the CAMtastic Editor's clipboard.
- Objects copied to the clipboard using this command cannot be pasted into the same document from which they were copied.
- The command can be canceled at any stage before the right-click by pressing Esc.
- Altium Designer does not use the Windows clipboard for normal copy operations in CAM documents. Instead, a separate internal clipboard is maintained for this document type. Also, the internal CAMtastic Editor clipboard is entirely independent of the internal clipboards used by other Altium Designer editors. You can only copy and paste between CAM documents.