Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to delete selected objects from the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Clear command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Editing Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
- Using the Ctrl+Delete (or Ctrl+E) keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a square and you will enter deletion mode. The procedure involves the following sequence of actions:
- Select the objects to include in the deletion. Simply position the cursor over an object you wish to include in the selection and click. Alternatively, clicking away from an object allows you to drag a selection area, for including multiple objects in the selection. Selection is cumulative.
- Once all required objects are selected, right-click - the selected objects will be removed from the document.
- Continue deleting further objects, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit.
- The command can be canceled at any stage before the right-click, by pressing Esc.
- To delete a single segment of a polyline, use the Explode Polylines command first, before launching this command.
- All cleared selections can be restored by using the Undo command.