Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to permanently explode a composite layer into its constituent layers, in order to allow layer-level editing.
This command is accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by choosing the Edit » Composite Layers » Explode Composite command from the main menus.
First ensure that the composite layer that you wish to explode is turned ON. You may also find it easier to turn all other layers OFF. This can be done quickly from the CAMtastic panel by selecting the required composite layer, and using the Left Arrow keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a small square and you will be prompted to select the composite that you wish to explode. Simply position the cursor over an area on the layer where constituent layers overlap, and click. The constituent layers will be created, based on the composite layer name. The composite layer itself is deleted from the layers list.
For example, if your composite layer were named compro and contained three merged layers, the resulting constituent layers that would be evident in the layers list of the CAMtastic panel are:
- compro - the first constituent layer.
- compro-1 - the second constituent layer.
- compro-2 - the third constituent layer.
Continue exploding further composite layers, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit.
- This command is permanent and cannot be undone.
- Use of this command will not be possible if the composite layer you wish to explode is not a true composite - i.e. no overlapping areas exist as a result of the merging of the member layers.