Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to mirror selected objects about a defined mirror line on the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Edit » Mirror command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Editing Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
- Using the Ctrl+M keyboard shortcut.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a square and you will enter mirroring mode. The procedure involves the following sequence of actions:
- Select objects to include in the mirror operation. Simply position the cursor over an existing object that you wish to include in the selection and click. Clicking away from an object allows you to drag a selection area, for including multiple objects in the selection. Selection is cumulative.
- Once all required objects have been selected, right-click.
- You will now be prompted to select the first point for the mirror line. Position the cursor at the required location and click.
- You will then be prompted to select the second point for the mirror line. As you move the cursor, a guide line will appear. Movement is restricted to vertical or horizontal planes only. When you have sized the mirror line as required, click again. A dialog will appear asking whether you wish to delete old objects. Clicking Yes will place the mirrored copy of the selected objects and remove the original selection. Clicking No will place the mirrored copy and leave the original objects.
- Continue to mirror further selected objects, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit mirroring mode.