Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to export the parts list for the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the File » Export » Part Centroids command from the main menus.
- Choosing the Tables » Parts command from the main menus.
After launching the command, the Export Part Centroids dialog will appear. Part information will only be listed if you have previously created and grouped parts (and optionally assigned reference designators). The following information is listed for each part:
- Ref. Des. - the reference designator, if any, that you have assigned to the part.
- X - the X coordinate of the center of the part's center cross.
- Y - the Y coordinate of the center of the part's center cross.
- Board Side - whether the part is surface mount (Top or Bottom) or thru-hole (Thru).
- Rotation - the part's orientation.
- Part Name - the description given to the part (e.g. DIP14).
Clicking the Export List button will open the Write Centroid Parts dialog. Use this dialog to define where the exported file is to be stored. By default, the data file that is generated will take the name cam.pcf. The file can be renamed by clicking within the name field. The associated file extension can also be changed to another if required, by again clicking directly within the name field or, alternatively, right-clicking on the entry and choosing File Extensions from the context menu. The new extension required can be typed into the subsequent Enter Value dialog that appears.
With name, extension, and storage location defined as required, click OK to generate the file.
- Any information you change in the dialog will be applied during the export only, and not to the created parts in the document. If you make unwanted changes, simply close and reopen the dialog - the original information will be present.
- If saving a file with the same name and in the same location as an existing file, the existing file will be overwritten without warning.