Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to run the PCB Sales Quote dialog, from where you can generate a report for use in gaining quotations from fabrication houses.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Reports » PCB RFQ Report command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button on the CAMtastic Standard toolbar.
After launching the command, the PCB Sales Quote dialog will appear. The top section of the dialog is used to define the horizontal and vertical distances of the PCB border. Press the Select button - you will return to the main design window, the cursor will change to a small square, and you will be prompted to select the PCB border. Either select each of the individual traces that constitute the border, or drag a selection box around the border and right-click. The PCB Sales Quote dialog will reappear, with the border information calculated and entered.
The middle section of the dialog is used to define the minimum trace/gap, and smallest Dcode used in the design. Press the Select button - you will return to the main design window, the cursor will change to a small square, and you will be prompted to select objects to be used in the minimum trace calculations. Either select individual traces, or drag a selection box around an area of the design and then right-click. The PCB Sales Quote dialog will reappear, with the minimum width and smallest Dcode calculated and entered.
Press the Options button to open the PCB Report Options dialog. This dialog contains a number of further options that may be considered by a fabrication house when providing a quotation. Simply configure the options as required, specify the Panel Size and Report Units, and click OK. The PCB Sales Quote dialog will reappear again - click OK.
Generation of the report will proceed. An information dialog will appear alerting you to the fact that the report requires flashes to analyze the Paste layers properly. Click Yes to have the software automatically flash these layers. The finished report (PCBRFQReport.rpt) will open as the active document in the main design window and will appear in the Projects panel as a free document.
- Both the PCB Border and Minimum Trace/Gap sections of the PCB Sales Quote dialog must be completed before you can proceed with report generation.
- With respect to the minimum trace width and smallest Dcode, it is advisable to draw a selection box around the whole design, so that the smallest values are guaranteed to be used.
- The report is generated and saved automatically in the same folder as the CAM document.