Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to import Gerber, NC Data, HPGL, and Netlist files into the current document, all in one go.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the File » Import » Quick Load command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Import/Export Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, the File Import - Quick Load dialog will appear. Use this dialog to browse to the folder containing the files you wish to import, and select the required files.
Click the Gerber Options button to open the Import Gerber Options dialog, from where you can set up various advanced import options with respect to Gerber files.
Click the Default Units button to open the File(s) Import Settings dialog, from where you can define the numerical formatting to be applied to imported Gerber files.
If the Gerber files you wish to import are in a format that do not include embedded apertures, you must load a separate aperture file. Use the drop-down in the lower section of the dialog to specify the aperture list format (template) to use during import.
After defining the file path and options as required, click OK to begin importing the files. If any errors are encountered during the import, they are listed in a text file (Log<Date><Time>.log), which is generated and opened as the active document in the main design window.
- The aperture list format/template you select should be for the tool from which your aperture and Gerber files were generated. If you do not know the source software used to generate the Gerber files, use the Auto-Detect Apertures entry (default).
- File types will only be included in the import if they have been enabled for inclusion in the Quick Load region, on the CAM Editor - Miscellaneous page of the Preferences dialog.
- The error log is generated and saved automatically in the \Users\<ProfileName>\AppData\Roaming\Altium\Altium Designer <GUID>\CAMtastic\LogFiles folder of your software installation. The report will be appear in the Projects panel as a free document
- When using Altium Designer's PCB Editor to generate fabrication outputs, options are available to auto-load generated Gerber/ODB++, NC Drill, and IPC Netlist files into the CAMtastic Editor, upon running a batch output generation.