Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to define layer sets, to be assigned to specified drill layers when drilling designs that incorporate blind and buried vias. This information is required when extracting/exporting the netlist, or running a DRC for example.
This command is accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by choosing the Tables » Layers Sets command from the main menus.
After launching the command, the Create/Update Layers Sets dialog will appear. Click the Insert Layers Set button to add a new layer set entry in the main area of the dialog, then define that entry as follows:
- Click inside the Layer Set Name field for the entry and type a meaningful name, for example with respect to the layers involved in the drilling.
- In the Assigned Drill Layer column, select which drill layer should be assigned to the layer set. The drill layer will contain the drilling information in terms of locations of drill points.
- Click inside the Signal/Plane Layers In Set field for the entry, to open the Select Layer Pairs dialog. This dialog is where you define the layers involved in the drilling.
- If the Gerber files have been generated from Altium Designer's PCB Editor, then the information in the Create/Update Layers Sets dialog will already be present, and will mirror the drill-pair assignments defined in the Drill-Pair Manager dialog.
- When using third party software to generate the Gerber files, the Create/Update Layers Sets dialog will be empty, and you will need to define the drilling layer sets manually.
- For blind/buried vias, you must select all layers that are drilled, not just the start and end layers. For thru-holes, start and end layers will suffice.