Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to calculate the total copper area for selected objects in the current document.
This command can be accessed from the CAMtastic Editor by:
- Choosing the Tools » Calc. Copper Area command from the main menus.
- Clicking the button, on the Fabrication Tools drop-down () of the Utilities toolbar.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a small square and you will enter copper area calculation mode. The procedure involves the following sequence of actions:
- Click on objects you wish to include in the calculation, making them selected. Clicking away from an object allows you to drag a selection area, for including multiple objects in the selection. Selection is cumulative.
- Once all required objects have been selected, right-click. A report file (Copper Area.rpt) is generated and opened as the active document in the main design window. For each layer that is associated with the selected objects, the report lists the area of copper that will be used, in square inches. The total copper area is also listed.
- The report is generated and saved automatically in your PC's \Users\<ProfileName>\AppData\Roaming\Altium\Altium Designer <GUID>\CAMtastic folder. To access the folder, right click on the report file (
*.rpt) in the Projects panel and select the Explore option from the context menu.