This command allows you to re-apply the preferred width and clearance requirements to an existing route.
This command can be accessed from the PCB Editor by selecting Route » Retrace Selected from the main menus.
After launching the command, Retrace re-applies the preferred width and clearance requirements to the selected existing route. Retrace works exactly as its name implies, running along the selected routes, updating them to the current rule specifications.
- To reduce the gap in a routed pair, change the Differential Pairs Routing rule so that the Preferred Gap is the desired gap and Max Gap is the old gap, then run this retrace command.
- If the new Preferred settings are larger than the current width/gap, Retrace may fail to reach its goal without creating violations. In such cases, it will use smaller values to avoid creating violations. No pushing of obstructions is performed.
- Retrace is similar to Gloss (and uses the same engine internally); the differences are:
- Gloss preserves the width; Retrace changes it to the Preferred value.
- Gloss produces the shortest possible result, often radically deviating from the original; Retrace approximately follows the original.