Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place an Arc object onto the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf), using the arc center as the starting point.
For a high-level look at how the Altium Draftsman Drawing System provides an interactive approach to the creation of production documentation for your PCBs, see Draftsman
. For detailed information about this object type, see Arc
This command can be accessed from the PcbDrawing Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Arc (By Center) command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Arc (By Center) command () on the Active Bar.
If the command has been recently used from the Active Bar, it will become the active/visible button. Where other commands are available, this is indicated by a triangle at the bottom-right corner of the button. Click and hold on the active button to access a menu of all associated commands for that grouping.
- Clicking the entry on the Graphical Tools drop-down () of the Drawing Annotations toolbar.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Arc (By Center) command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter arc placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Click to anchor the center point of the arc.
- Move the cursor to adjust the radius of the arc, and to determine its starting point (Start Angle) and click to anchor it.
- Move the cursor to determine the arc's end point (End Angle) and click to anchor it, thereby completing placement.
- Continue placing further arcs, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit placement mode.
- Placement will observe snapping options for the document, if enabled. Snapping can be defined in the General section of the Properties panel (set to present the Document Options, when no objects are selected in the workspace).
- An arc can be graphically modified after placement. Click on its boundary to select it - editing handles will appear at its center, boundary, start and end points. Click and drag the boundary handle to resize the arc (by adjusting its radius). Click on its center point (or its boundary - away from editing handles) and drag to move to a different location within the current sheet. Click and drag the start or end point handle to change the point accordingly.
- Most aspects of a placed arc are available for editing through the Properties panel. If the panel is already open, simply select a placed arc to populate the panel with its associated properties. If the panel is not open, double-click on the arc to access it.
- Defaults for this primitive type can be defined on the Draftsman - Defaults page of the Preferences dialog.