Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a Radial Dimension object into the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf). A radial dimension can be added to a circular hole object on a Board Assembly View. Such a dimension may also be added to a Board Section View (which is a slice, or sectional view of a Board Assembly View).
This command can be accessed from the PcbDrawing Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Radial Dimension command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Radial Dimension command () on the Active Bar.
- Clicking the entry on the Dimensions drop-down () of the Drawing Annotations toolbar.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Radial Dimension command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter dimension placement mode. Placement is made by performing the following sequence of actions
- Hover the cursor over the required location to highlight the desired hole, then click to select.
- Move the cursor to position the dimension graphic, and click to effect placement.
- Continue placing further radial dimensions, or right-click, or press Esc, to exit placement mode.
- The dimension graphic - extension line(s) and measurement text - can be moved after placement (but only within its angular plane). This is most easily achieved by clicking on the dimension to select it, then clicking and dragging the measurement text.
- Most aspects of a placed dimension are available for editing through the Properties panel. If the panel is already open, simply select a placed dimension to populate the panel with its associated properties. If the panel is not open, double-click on the dimension to access it.
- Defaults for this primitive type can be defined on the Draftsman - Defaults page of the Preferences dialog.