Applied Parameters: None
This command is used to place a Text Box object into the active Draftsman document (*.PCBDwf).
This command can be accessed from the PcbDrawing Editor by:
- Choosing the Place » Text command from the main menus.
- Locating and using the Text command () on the Active Bar.
- Clicking the entry on the Graphical Tools drop-down () of the Drawing Annotations toolbar.
- Right-clicking in the workspace and choosing the Place » Text command from the context menu.
After launching the command, the cursor will change to a cross-hair and you will enter text placement mode. Placement is made by clicking in the desired location within the document workspace.
- Placement will observe snapping options for the document, if enabled. Snapping can be defined in the General section of the Properties panel (set to present the Document Options, when no objects are selected in the workspace).
- A text box can be graphically modified after placement. Click on its text to select it - editing handles will appear at its four corners. Click and drag a handle to resize the text box. Click on its text and drag to move to a different location within the current sheet.
- Most aspects of a placed text box are available for editing through the Properties panel. If the panel is already open, simply select a placed text box to populate the panel with its associated properties. If the panel is not open, double-click on the text to access it.
- Defaults for this primitive type can be defined on the Draftsman - Defaults page of the Preferences dialog.